The Report Builder Editor page consists of three main components.
The Editor top menu provides access to settings and controls that apply to the report as a whole.
- Report – this menu is described on the Report Menu page.
- Styling – this menu is described on the Styling Menu page.
- Pages – this menu is described on the Pages Menu page.
- Zoom – use this menu to change the zoom level for the workspace.
- View – use this menu to change the feature that is being viewed in the report.
- Save button – use this button to save changes to your report. The button is shaded orange when there are unsaved changes.
There is also a user settings button at the far right that allows you to access settings for the Editor itself. It also shows the ArcGIS Online organisation and user you are logged in as.
- Dark / Light – choose whether the interface of the editor should appear light or dark. This will not change anything in the report you are creating.
- Show design grid – choose whether or not you want to see a grid on the canvas that allows for easier alignment of widgets. This grid is only visible in the editor.
- Show widget boundaries – choose whether or not you want to see light dotted lines in the workspace to show the boundary of each widget. If you turn these off, you will be viewing the report as the end-user would be.
- Apply widget settings instantly – choose whether or not widget settings apply immediately when you make a change to a setting or only once you click the Apply button. This option is only available if the widget settings dialog is docked to the right of the screen.
- Apply widget shortcuts instantly – the properties for each widget includes a shortcut tab that allows you to quickly apply combinations of settings. You can choose whether the shortcut will apply instantly or whether this only happens once you have previewed the settings.
- Double-click widgets to edit – by default double-clicking on a widget will open the Data & Settings dialog or – in the case of text widgets – the text editor. If you find that the double-click is causing you to accidentally press other buttons in the widget toolbars, you have the option to disable the double-click function here.
- Sign Out – clicking this option will sign you out of Report Builder.
The widgets menu on the left of the page provides a list of all of the widget types that can be used in a report. The widgets are grouped in sections that can be expanded and collapsed.
The workspace located to the right of the widgets menu shows the page of the report that is currently active. This workspace only shows one page at a time, even if further pages are added to a report.